I. Downloading the Software
Impromptu is a java enabled cross-platform application For Installation information click on the following link; http://www.tuneblocks.com/installation.jsp (Click here for a short tutorial on downloading and installing java)
1. Download the software at tuneblocks.com and click on Download Impromptu in the menu bar at the top.
2. Select Yes or No for updates
3. Click Agree for Terms and Conditions
4. When the application is downloaded onto your computer click on the following icon to get started:
5. After the Impromptu Application screen has been launched your introductory screen should look like this:
II. Working with Rhythm
Since we want to work with Rhythm, you will need to select Drummer from the Playrooms. (Click here to watch a short tutorial on accessing and working in the Drummer Playroom)
1. At the top menu bar click on Playrooms and then select Drummer in the dropdown menu.
2. Now you are all set to explore the features of the Drummer playroom. Notice there are 4 lines to work with. The top line will play melody blocks and the other three lines will let you create a variety of rhythmic patterns and instruments.
3. To choose an instrument sound click on the instrument icon on the screen and choose from a variety of pop up menus and sounds.
(Click here to watch a short tutorial on changing the graphic view in the Drummer Playroom)
4. Now you are ready to drag the various rhythm blocks from the block area to the playroom area and begin your exploration.
5. In order to determine the number of repeats a rhythm block will make, you need to set that number by clicking on the up or down arrows to the left of the line you are working on.